Friday, May 06, 2005

I Thought Today Was Tomorrow

I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. I'm not sure if that will be an adequate excuse for not showing up at the office this fine Friday. Probably as good as the time I told my high school principal I was late for school (for the umpteenth time) because the trains were running slow. Nobody rides a train to school in Montana. It was true the train was stopped on the tracks and I had to wait for it to get out of my way so I could drive across the tracks. Which made me (or added to my being) late.

Note to self - It's 2:18 am Friday the 6th of May.

-----------------------------------

I'm finishing the E.B. White Book "Points of My Compass" by reading a little each night. What a writer that guy was. He worked for the "New Yorker" magazine for many years, wrote the well known children's classic's "Charlottes Web" and "Stuart Little". He died in 1985.

-----------------------------------

I'm looking forward to watching the end of "The Apprentice" next Thursday, there are two good contenders left, with interesting final tasks. I was disappointed tonight because I accidently read an MSNBC web page that said Craig was fired tonight and described the rest of the show before the show aired on the West Coast.

Note to MSNBC - It's probably not good for ratings to provide us West coasters with the details of a show before it airs..assuming you want people to watch it on TV.

I'm guessing it must have been an error.

I'm rooting for the Mary Kay salesman Tana although I like Kendra well enough too.

------------------------------------

Not a heck of a lot going on around here. I might take a vacation tomorrow or telecommute for awhile. I think it's going to be a beautiful day. I love the quiet.

It's funny how we change as we age. The only time I used to like quiet was if I was fishing, or walking/biking, in other words doing something. Now I like it quiet even if I'm just home alone puttering around. I still don't like to sleep though (like to nap) but I hate taking too much time in bed, there's too much to do. I love being up late or really early.

My daughters are lobbying hard for me to get another small dog to replace our Bichon Frise that passed away a couple of years ago. I'm tempted. I was thinking today maybe I should get a goose. I'd need a fenced yard and a pond of some sort, but a goose might be just the ticket for me. Not as cuddly as a dog, but from reading E.B. White a goose sounds like it would be fun to watch and have nosing around the yard. It would be a pretty good watchdog and I think they could be left to their own devices for pretty extended periods when I want to go somewhere. Some ducks would be good too, a few chickens, maybe a pig or goat and a dog to supervise everything. I need a small farm.






"Ping" and other great children's books