Thursday, September 09, 2004

Too Lazy To Pick Up The Remote

I wish I could turn off the TV, but I'm too lazy to pick up the remote.

Now that's lazy. I don't know how we ever got by without remotes. There's a funny comedy routine I've seen a guy do about laying on the couch all day and being too busy to do anything. Sort of the way I feel tonight.

Really enjoyed seeing the new Apprentice. I like that show, it really seems real to me. Sort of watched the Medical Investigators but tried not to watch it too close since I have a tendency to take on symptoms I see or read about. I think the premise tonight had something to do with people accidently eating saltpeter instead of salt and combining it with alcohol which caused them to turn blue.

My skin does have a little blueish tinge to it come to think of it.

----------------------------------------------------------

I like to think that we are all saints and sinners. Not that I want to hide every flaw I have behind the "I'm a sinner what can I do" banner. It's a fact Jack you're not perfect, no human is. Live with it.

Don't beat up on yourself, don't beat up on other people. Easier said than done. I blamed my wife for our basement flooding last night about 1 am. Or something like that. It makes no sense. I was ranting that she should have looked in the basement earlier in the day. Sometimes I act like a jerk. I hope less often than I used too.

Things are much calmer today. We figured out where the water was coming from, got the wet/dry vac going, some fans and heaters and things are pretty much dried out. Thank God for small troubles. I think about the people in Florida, Russia or even people I know who've been through real floods where significant damage was done.

I've got it good. I'm thankful.

------------------------------------------------

This was the first time I'd used the new wet/dry vac. My wife had taken it out of the box and stuck the hoze and nozzle on it, but hadn't used it. I thought it was weird there wasn't any instruction manual or any other attachments in the box.

The outside of the box said to read the instruction manual before using, and never use without a filter. No manual in sight. I thought maybe someone had returned it and the instruction manual was lost, so I started using it and after 10 minutes or so it quit.

I opened it up and found the instruction manual, filters and some other stuff inside the canister (soaked with dirty water).

sigh........

-------------------------------------------------

A little later I had put an electric space heater downstairs and a fan to help dry things out. Wasn't really thinking but I put the heater right under the clothes chute.

I was all hot and sweaty from carry wet stuff outside. I took my shirt off upstairs and was going to throw it down the chute..something rang a bell in my mind and I didn't. I came close to burning my house down, which gave me a good laugh. I was thinking what else could go wrong? and almost found out. I came close to being one of those Darwin Award people you read about.

Oh well. I'm just glad I have a house, my health, good kids a good family, good friends, a good job, computer, recliner, food, eyesight....everything I need to be happy.

I'm looking forward to a good Friday and hope you are too.

May all your troubles be little ones.

Peace