Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Just Got Back from the ER

Nothing that serious just that my ear had swollen shut and was hurting me.

My Doctor (Dr. J) had put a wick in my ear last week after I went to see him because I couldn't hear very good and my ear was sore. He gave me some ear drop antibiotics. It was feeling better and the wick was kind of itchy so I pulled the wick out.

That was a mistake. My ear canal swoll shut again and the antibiotics couldn't get to the infection. So I ended up over at the ER at midnight with a hurtin ear.

The Dr. put a new wick in and gave me a couple of Vicodin. I think I'll be on the road to recovery again shortly. I hope so I'm supposed to be at work early tomorrow and the Norah Jones concert's at the Key Arena tomorrow night.

I might miss a few hours of work.

Earaches can be scarey. My daughter Becca had a terrible ear infection several years ago. She got it swimming in a lake and eventually ended up with a Pseudomonas infection in the ICU. She was a trooper. I felt so sorry for her with her face and ear all swollen up. Thankfully she recovered and is doing great nowadays. It was pretty scary for awhile though as they kept trying to figure out what super antibiotic would work.

---------------------------------------------

It's always something isn't it? Tomorrow is D Day at work.

Durian Day.

I'm excited about it. A coworker is bringing Baba G. and me some frozen durian tomorrow. That must be quite a fruit. I've heard so much about it. When I was in Singapore visiting I heard that it was illegal to carry a Durian on the bus because of the strong smell.

A friend told us her husband was eating some Durian outside in the garage and she could smell it inside the house.

Whatever it is that fruit get's a lot of attention, people seem to really like it or hate it. Another friend told me it made her cry when she was little.

Welcome to Durian Palace! A Home of the King of Fruits on the World Wide Web.

I hope Baba doesn't eat all of it (or it get kicked out of the office) before I crawl in tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Thinking about how I can transport some frozen tuna to family and friends. I need to stop in at UPS when I have a chance and check into sending frozen fish overnight. I want to see if they have packing boxes and if I can use dry ice. If not I can probably jury rig up some kind of packing set up that will keep the fillets frozen for a couple of days.

------------------------------------------------
I hope this week is treating you well and that fall is looking beautiful wherever you may be. I noticed some of the leaves changing colors around here today. Very pretty, but nothing like Minnesota (or I imagine some areas back East) where you have large forests of deciduous trees.

:::: What's It Like Where You Live? ::::

There's a nice full Harvest moon tonight. Here in the Pacific Northwest, it's clear and just a little cool. Very nice night.

Farmers Almanac - Dates and Times of Full Moons tells me next month we have a full Hunter's moon.