Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Garlic Infused Twice Baked Potatoes

Good morning to you dear reader.

Hope you had a good Labor Day Weekend.

I've been slacking on the recipes/cooking part of Cafe Jack for awhile so I'm going to put up a simple recipe. I'd try something more complex but it's getting late and I have to go to my other job in the morning.

We broke out the BBQ this weekend. Had some really good shish-kebobs (someone else made them, I just cooked them). They were good. Made with chicken, or beef, red pepper, green pepper, onion. The meat had been marinated and then rubbed with spices.

I was in charge of the potatoes. Here's a simple way to make Garlic Infused Twice Baked Potatoes.

It was hot so I didn't want to fire up the oven or stove inside and I like to fiddle around so I couldn't just wrap the spuds in tinfoil and throw them on the grill.

You will need -

Some good cheeses. I used some plain old mild chedder and some really good sharp chedder from a local cheesemaker. Some spuds. Some fresh garlic. Olive Oil, Butter, Salt, Pepper, Hot Pepper Flakes, some tin foil and a hot BBQ with a lid.

Rinse the spuds. Double up sheets of tinfoil to wrap them in. Set the spuds on the tinfoil and put a few cloves of garlic, some olive oil, butter, salt, pepper and some hot pepper flakes (not too much. The idea is to let the garlic cook in the olive oil and butter and have the flavor transfer to the potatoes.

Wrap the potatoes up and put them on the grill until they start to soften. It took mine about an hour. They were pretty big.

Remove the potatoes from the grill. Slice the tinfoil open on the top, slice the potato, and maybe mash it a little, and add the cheeses to the top.

Stick the potatoes back on the grill until the cheese is melted.

Take the potato out of the tinfoil and drizzle the olive oil, butter, garlic clove mixture over the top. I added some sour cream..Yum...

Time to close up the old Cafe for now. See you in the morning. We'll have a good cup of java. Maybe some Peets extra dark french roast.

Hope you have a great week.