Monday, December 27, 2004

On Sarpy Creek

Here's an article about the book "On Sarpy Creek" by Ira S. Nelson from The Capital City's Newspaper Online.

It's a good book. Lot's of character development.

If you'd like to have a look at the Sarpy Creek area of Montana, take I-94 exit 72 and head South or check out the pictures at DCP: 46 degrees north, 107 degrees west.

Some of my family lived, farmed/ranched, taught school and were real cowboy's in that area of Montana. One of my grandmother's brother drown while taking horses across the Yellowstone river (she told me he couldn't swim and intended to ride the horse across..but the horse fell..or the water got too deep). One of her other brother's Con Williams was a fence rider. I have some spurs her brother made that she gave me that I'll take a picture of sometime. They aren't fancy but they are handmade by a real cowboy.


Speaking of cowboys, this Ben O'Connor - Mint Bar Photo, show's one cool neon cowboy. Dang it but I'd like to be in Sheridan about 30 years ago..when I had a good liver and a penchant for drinking.

At my stage of geezerness I'm content thinking about how cool that sign looks...