Sunday, December 26, 2004

Everything Hardy Boys and Toby Tyler

The Missing Chums is a good one. I used to love checking out the Hardy Boy books from the library when I was a kid. They're a good bunch; clean, upright, helpful...plus they appeal to my fantasies of being a good spy (ala John LeCarre or Robert Ludlum) or a food detective. I mean good detective.

While I'm reminicising over my sometimes mispent youth...I was thinking about the 1959 Disney movie "Toby Tyler". I loved that movie. I remember my Gram took me to see it on the opening day, when I was five, and there was a line around the block (at least in my mind). It's a story about an orphan who runs away to join the circus and becomes friends with a monkey. I've always really liked monkeys, the circus and thoughts of running away. I wish Disney would re-release it.

I noticed I'm the only member of the Blogger community who has listed Toby Tyler as my favorite movie. It's a small club I belong to....sigh.