Monday, December 27, 2004

"Good Shall Triumph over Evil"

I heard a Mr. Smarty pants sort of guy saying how much he dislikes TV...including NPR because it promotes what he deems the middle mind.

You can read a little if you like about Mr. S.P. at Dinty W. Moore's page.

I like some things about TV, radio, comic books, movies, magazines, computers, you name it....if it has some message that I think is worthwhile, in my middle minded way, I'm into it.

Like it or not the majority of us regular folks learn something about life from popular culture.

I've been thinking about the idea of morality plays in popular culture; on TV, in movies, and in books - where good wins over evil.

The Comic Book Code of 1954 is an interesting historical piece of the popular culture puzzle. I think it is well meaning although it could use some updating to include appreciation of personal diversity for the 21st century.