Saturday, December 11, 2004

My New Blog for Christmas Pictures

I decided to move Christmas pictures to a new blog. Christmas Around Here is a growing collection of pictures I've taken around the house. My wife has been a teacher or pre-school teacher most of her adult life. She has collected lots of nice Christmas things given to her as gifts from students. They are all over our house.

Wishing you a peace filled holiday wherever life finds you. Remember to take good care of yourself so you can take care of others.

Relax.

Slow down.

Breathe...

It's a beautiful time of year.

-----------------------------------------

Maybe do your shopping on line?

Who wouldn't like a copy of Mel Torme's Christmas Songs? I know I would...sing it Mel,

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.


------------------------------------------

I ordered a few new books from good old Amazon tonight. I love that place. So homey and smells so good..I love the free tea samples they give you and the fresh baked cookies.

Never mind that's my place. I don't even know where Amazon is. Somewhere in Seattle maybe.

Still I like the convenience. From what I've been reading in weblogs and reviews, I think these three books will be good -

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.

Letters to My Daughters by Mary Matalin.