Friday, November 12, 2004

Virtual Finland

Maybe take a look through Your Window on Finland. What beautiful place, plus they invented The Finnish Sauna. I love taking a sauna and then jumping in a cool lake, or sometimes a cold lake....or one time into a snowbank. Major brainfreeze. Don't go headfirst.

I think saunas, sweat-lodges, steambaths are really good for you. Maybe I'll go sit in one tomorrow.

There's some nice pictures and discussion of saunas at Kalle Hoffman's Sauna Building FAQ.

The best sauna's are woodfired, in the woods or a quiet place, near a nice clean lake. It would be nice to have one anywhere, and a shower nearby to cool off after. I used to go to a health club that had an ice-dip. It was just really cold water running thru a small/deep round cement pool. Felt good after a steam or sauna. You could make something like that in your backyard...a wood fired sauna and the cold water dip.

If you do..could you invite me over?

Thanks