Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Laurie Anderson

Got to see and hear Laurie Anderson at the Moore Theatre in Seattle last night.

Wonderful performance.

What a great storyteller, musician and artist she is.

She hooked a small video camera to her violin bow and displayed the image onscreen. It was so cool. It's hard to describe. I was lucky to get seats in the front. We were about 10 feet from the stage. Really nice small venue.

In this MSNBC Interview With Laurie Anderson she talks about being selected as NASA Artist in Residence.

If I'm a good boy maybe Santa will bring me her interactive CD Puppet Motel

HOMEpage OF THE BRAVE: Laurie Anderson is a good source of information.

I was introduced to her music when they used to play songs from the album Big Science on the Montana State University radio station in Bozeman.

Gotta love a song called "Let X=X" or a song like "Sweaters" where she sings "I no longer love the way you hold your pens and pencils."