Saturday, November 13, 2004

NPR : Susan Stamberg's Cranberry Relish Recipe

I've had this (or a version of this) Cranberry Relish somewhere. Can't recall where. Maybe in a dream, but I'd swear I've had cranberry relish the pink color of Pepto Bismal that had horseradish in it. I think it's pretty good from what I remember. I bet it would be good on a roast beef sandwich.

Hi Monkey has a several pictures of the relish in monkey's happy thanksgiving! montage. Monkey also has a picture of some garlicky nadjifka; not sure what that is but it looks tasty. And a nice looking big dumpling...yummmm.

ps. "garlicky nadjifka" is a Googlewhack.

pps. "nadjifka" returns a single site too. Something's going on that not too many people (actually no people, just one terrycloth monkey) know about.

Nadjifka you say?

I love it!

---------------------------------------------

Have you ever repeated a phrase many times for the "comedic" effect?

I'm doing that with the phrases "I love it!" and "I want MORE THAN PIE!"

You have to listen to me say these to get the full hilariousity. I don't have audio capability so I'll try and make do...

There was a beer commercial for a Canadian beer on TV where a bear and a girl are exchanging gifts. When she opens the bear's gift for her (it's some kind of beer cooler) she say's in a really sweet, high, excited voice, "I love it!".

Kinda like that. When my wife asked be today if I liked the hardanger (Norwegian embroidery) piece she got at the neighbor's garage sale. I said "I love it!".

Smart ass.

My other repetitive saying "I want MORE THAN PIE!", is said in a gruff sort of angry loud voice. It came about just this week when my wife and I were returning from Seattle and I suggested we stop at a Marie Callender's restaurant for a piece of pie. I've never had Marie's fresh pie. She makes a good frozen pot pie though.

I'd seen something on the Food Network about Marie's pie being good, and I dream of stopping there someday. That wasn't the day.

In my mind anyway, Betsy yelled at me, "I want MORE THAN PIE!" I don't know if she understands the pain that caused me. I've been pining for that pie for a long time now. To get back at her, I have to yell, in a Tourette's syndrom random way, multiple times a day -

I want MORE THAN PIE!