Thursday, February 03, 2005

Butterflies Will Be Coming Soon

I'm looking forward to the butterflies Spring Migration.

Lot's of good butterfly pictures and links at this USGS page Butterfly Related Websites.

And a description of The Fort Collins Science Center that provides the information.

Most years my wife gets a butterfly house for her students. It's fun to watch the butterflies life cycle...and then to set them free on a warm day.

I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez's description of butterflies. If you have time I highly recommend checking out his writing.



--------------------------------------

I started thinking about butterflies this morning because of the spring like sunny and warm weather we are enjoying and after running across this Story with the wonderful title -

"When Yellow Butterflies Flew in From the Mountains"


--------------------------------------

ps. I heard part of an NPR program on my way to work, the day after I wrote this post. It's called Living in the Shadow of a Million Butterflies.