Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Sleep Deprivation Experiment

I've been conducting an experiment in sleep deprivation this week.

I think I've gathered enough data for now and will call it good.

It's pretty amazing how quickly sleep deficit begins to effect an old codger like me. Going for a couple of days on a few hours sleep causes me to start to lose focus, forget what I'm saying in mid-sentence and start acting even goofier than usual. Not just silly and goofy but with some irritable and touchy thrown in. Not so good.

Well enough of that...

-------------------------------------

I took a few hour nap and when I woke up found this


ss dream

--------------------------------------

Have you ever heard the story about the boy who kept running into the refrigerator?

One day a boy and his dad were in the kitchen eating cereal. Every so often the boy would get up and run into the refrigerator head-first as hard as he could. Knowing his son was a hard-headed lad and a bit touchy, the father figured he knew what he was doing, and he didn't want to upset him, so he kept reading his paper. Finally dad couldn't bear it anymore and said, "why in the name of God's green earth are you doing that?"

"Because it feels so good when I stop."

It goes like that sometimes...I know I'm that boy every so often.

Need to remember the serenity prayer.