Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Serenity Prayer

NPR : The Serenity Prayer: Faith in Times of Peace and War: "NPR interview of Ronald Niebuhr's daughter, Elisabeth Sifton, talking about her book exploring the circumstances that led her father to write the prayer."

Here's a quote of a 12 step version of the Serenity Prayer.

"God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I can not change...

Courage to
change the things I can

and Wisdom to
know the difference...

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.

Amen.

--------------------------------