Monday, February 14, 2005

John Paul's

John Paul just got picked to stay on ABC's 'The Bachelorette'. B is watching that TV show while I blog.

She doesn't like his look. I have to admit I don't know what he looks like. B tells me there's something about his mouth she doesn't like.

--------------------------------

The historical John Paul Jones was a heck of a guy, best known for saying, when asked if he was ready to surrender,

"I have not yet begun to fight."


When I was a littler boy I had a book about John Paul Jones and other American heroes that I loved to read. Here's a few books that young and not so young folks, might like, about the U.S. Navy and John Paul Jones....America's Sailor.





John Paul Jones America's Sailor (Naval Institute Book for Young Readers)

------------------------------------------


Of course the most well known John Paul of our time is The Holy See - The Holy Father - John Paul II. I hope no one is offended that I mentioned his name in a post about a popular TV show and a famous sailor. I really do like the Pope, not that I know him personally, but he seems very kind and talks about peace in ways most anyone could appreciate. Sad in a way to see how frail he has become. Glad to see he's out of the hospital.