Sunday, March 11, 2007

Just a Six String Guitar

Looks like we survived the early transition to Daylight Saving's Time from where I'm sitting (I haven't been outside yet). My laptop is so smart - it knows it's an hour later this morning and I didn't have to do a darn thing.

I feel really lucky to have had a chance to listen to those great guitar players and singer/songwriters at Seattle's Paramount Theatre last night. The Paramount is a beautiful theatre, originally constructed in 1928, and renovated in 1994 - thanks to a former Microsoft employee, Ida Cole and the Seattle Landmark Association.

It's amazing how much music can come out of a 6 string acoustical guitar. Joe Ely, John Hiatt, Guy Clark and Lyle Lovett each had one guitar and that was it - no backup band.

It was amazingly good.