Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Can't Wait

I'm 3 1/2
I wish I was five so I could go to kindergarten or better yet six so I could be in the first grade
It will be so great to get to high school
Can't wait to get out of high school
If I was eighteen I could join the service
Can't wait to get out of the service
Sure will be good when I get out of college so I can get a job
Monday - Boy I'm glad we got through that
Wednesday - Thank God it's hump day, only two days left in this work week
Finally Friday - TGIF
I'll be really glad when the kids are out of diapers
It'll be nice when the kids don't need babysitters
Sure will be good when the kids can drive themselves around
Now the kids are out of high school
On to college - young adults
I'm planning my retirement wishing I was 62 1/2....
And to think - Just a short time ago I was 3 1/2 going on 5.

____________________________

If I learned anything I'd have to say don't plan your life away - instead of "can't wait" - "wait"...slow down, stop, look and listen. Savor the moment(s), and have courage to be open to the unexpected, put some slack time in your life - unmake a few plans, take a few things off your busy schedule so you can have some room for the beautiful, transient, so-short journey.