Thursday, May 25, 2006

Daily Reflections - Creighton University

This comes from today's Creighton University Daily Reflection by Don Driscol S.J. -
"From the history of my life I know that God comes to us through the incarnation of caring people. So today I pray to be available and reverently responsive to the people I’ll meet today. It’s the gospels’ theme. It’s our call. One final thought emerges from a question in today’s reading from Acts: “... why are you standing there looking up at the sky?” These words evoked a memory of my brother’s dying. As I paced back and forth past the nurses station in the ICU of a Chicago hospital, I memorized the words on a small poster one of the nurses had displayed. It read: “A man went out on a starry night and shook his fist at the heavens yelling, “Oh, God, what a lousy, rotten world you’ve made. I could have done much better.” Then a voice boomed from the clouds saying, “That’s why I put you there. Get busy.”