Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I Wouldn't Want to Belong to Any Club

That would have someone like me for a member.

Groucho Marx said that. Woody Allen said it too, in the movie Annie Hall, where he plays the character Alvy Singer. I luurve that movie.

Here's a few other Memorable Quotes from Annie Hall (1977) -

Alvy Singer: Love is too weak a word for what I feel - I luurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I - I do, don't you think I do?

Alvy Singer: There's an old joke. Uh, two elderly women are at a Catskills mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life. Full of loneliness and misery and suffering and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly.

Annie Hall: Well, have you ever made love high?
Alvy Singer: Me? No. I - I, you know, If I have grass or alcohol or anything, I get unbearably wonderful. I get too, too wonderful for words.


I can relate. The written word doesn't do these justice though. You really need to see Woody and Diane Keaton in the movie to fully appreciate the humor.

------------------------------------------------

Letter From The East


I'm writing to you from the East.

Hope everything is going well.

Sincerely yours,
Jack

(That's a short letter I just wrote to anyone who reads this blog in Japan or points West of Everett Washington).

------------------------------------------------
Blogger Profile

I don't know if anyone ever finds my profile on blogger. It looks better than my real profile (have you ever seen the beginning of Alfred Hitchcock?). That's what my real profile looks like. Never mind if you haven't seen that old TV show.

I started my profile out by saying, "I can sit really still - sometimes."

I thought that would be a funny thing to write on a job application or a resume.

Hey! it's a skill you need in an office setting, security guard, bird watcher, painter's model etc.

------------------------------------------------
Tone

I think a challenge with a blog, or any writing is for the reader to understand the tone of the author. If you read things I write or maybe better yet talk to me you will hopefully realize I mix (or mix up) humorous and serious thoughts a lot. God forgive me for wearing the wax lips to the state funeral.

------------------------------------------------
Curious George and Other Monkeys

Will Ferrell Joins the Cast of Curious George

My goodness where have I been? A Curious George movie is coming out in 2006. Sweet..

Like so many people, I love that little Monkey.

"Originally published in 1941, "Curious George" has never been out of print since. Authors H. A. Rey and his wife Margret, creative partners who fled Europe during the Nazi occupation and settled in Cambridge, Massachusetts, eventually wrote seven Curious George tales; published in 14 languages, those seven volumes have sold a combined total of 27 million copies worldwide, making the little monkey who left the jungle with The Man in the Yellow Hat one of the best-selling and most enduring characters in children's literature."

Source Universal Pictures preview of upcoming movie "Curious George"


I've been partial to Monkeys since the days of J. Fred Muggs.

Once when I was a little boy a monkey stole a candy bar from me. We were visiting the Red Lodge Zoo in Montana. I was really happy to be able to get close to the monkeys. One of the little guys reached out and took a candy bar from my pocket. I didn't mind, I thought it was really impressive that he was so quick. They don't have those kinds of zoos anymore, probably for the best I suppose. It was what I think you would call a roadside zoo. The animals weren't in any thing like a native habitat. They actually had a chained bear at a gas station up in that area for tourists to look at. Times change and things evolve thank goodness.

I have to put in a plug for my favorite terry cloth monkey himonkey. I've corresponded with monkey a bit and love to read about his adventures. I say he although I'm not sure if he's a boy or a girl monkey. I have a lunchbox with his picture on it.

He has created a nice tribute for pope john paul ii - not forgotten at his hi monkey ! monkey's genuine web site..

Who knew it was egg salad week?

Dang I wish I wouldn't have become a vegan last week.

Actually it's working out quite well for me so far. I've been a vegan for 9 days now, and I'm noticing a definite increase in energy and general feeling of well being (if I start feeling much better I'm going to float away).

------------------------------------------

I made a little tribute page to Curious George, H.A. and Margret Rey over at Curious George Artwork by Margret Rey

You can also get all kinds of good Curious George Books From Amazon.com

Thanks to Houghton Mifflin Books for Children you too can Celebrate Reading with Curious George! and learn more about H. A. and Margret Rey.



"Curious George" by Margret Rey