Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Story of Gum, Favicons and a Million Pixels

Three posts from my new Movable Type blog on Yahoo!

The Story of Gum

FavIcon

1 Million Pixels = 1 Million Dollars

_________________________________


It's sometimes amazing what you find out by looking into some odd thing (like the story of gum). It started when I got a pack of gum from my sister for Christmas that said it was made using genuine chicle.



Being the curious sort I wanted to find out what chicle is. Along the way I learned that a key figure in the "story of gum" interestingly enough, was none other than Antonio López de Santa Anna, the Mexican dictator who enforced a "take no prisoners" policy during the battle of the Alamo, one of the battles fought by Texan's fighting for independence from Mexico.


_________________________________

Save 10% at Enterprise.com. Enter AFFDEAL at checkout.