Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Relationship With Sheena Goddess of Amazonia

Just as an experiment, I've decided to keep running track of my correspondence with Amazon.com Customer Support, regarding a credit card promotion. My hopes are not high that I will get any resolution, not based on any bad experience with Amazon, but rather a pretty bad record in general with help lines, customer support or whatever else we call the folks that are placed in the front line of customer relations.

I'm going to write about my experience with customer relations as if I am having a real conversation with a real person. I have decided to call my fictictious friend at Amazon.com - Sheena Goddess of Amazonia. There's no way to know if my written relationship with Sheena will be a novel, a novella, a saga, a great love story, tragedy or a comedy. I'm excited to see how things go.

All messages will be written verbatim based on email.

Message sent to Amazon.com Customer Support on January 25th at 8:30 pm -

Me - "I applied for the Amazon.com Visa Card through the web promotion on Amazon.com web page and have received my Amazon Visa card but the 30 dollar promotion does not show up when I place an order."


Sheena Goddess of Amazonia - "Thank You!

Thank you!

Your e-mail has been sent.

We will reply as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

As a reminder, if you'd like to check the status of an order, track a package, cancel or change an order, update your address, change your password, and more, please visit Your Account.

Click here to continue shopping."


Sure enough Sheena Goddess of Amazonia writes back to me within 24 hours - saying,

"Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

First, let me apologize for any frustration that may have resulted from this situation.

I've reviewed your account and see that you have not received your $30.00 promotional certificate for signing up for the Amazon.com Platinum Visa credit card.

I have requested a new promotional certificate for you. Please write down this claim code or save this message, as you will need the claim code when placing your order:

YBAB-STI-DLOC-EDISTUO

You may redeem your promotional certificate when you place your next order through the Shopping Cart and use your Amazon.com Platinum Visa.

Best regards,

Sheena Goddess of Amazonia
Amazon.com Customer Service"


Me
- Dear Sheena Goddess of Amazonia I wish to thank you for your kind, prompt and helpful support in my time of need. Your instructions were clear, to the point, and worked. I have ordered three items from your noble enterprise and received the 30 dollar discount as promised.

My Best Regards to You as Well

Your humble customer

Jack

Postscript - Wow! That was a pleasant surprise.

____________________________

Weekly Promotion