Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Blogger v. Yahoo! Movable Type

I've spent a few hours fiddling around with my new Yahoo! + Movable Type Blog

So far I'd give Blogger a 10 and Yahoo! Movable Type about a 2.5 for ease of use and intuitive interface.

I've spent hundreds of hours playing with Blogger over the last few years, making it a little hard to recall the initial learning curve, but it didn't seem anywhere near as flakey as Yahoo! MT.

I deleted a long ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring description of my initial difficulties with Yahoo! MT.

I don't want to tick off any MT users or creators so I will offer some pre-apologies.

The Yahoo! MT combination is a Beta version.

I have no experience with MT as a standalone product.

I've only used the beta version on Yahoo! for a very short time.

Even though I had some issues with slightly more advanced (and some pretty basic stuff) with MT (that I've learned to do in Blogger)....Yahoo! MT is fine for a beginner if you just want to post text and links. I haven't had time (and I'm not really sure if I want to devote much time) to the intricacies of what MT might be able to do...because Blogger works really well for me.

Right now for my money (zero dollars) Blogger is hands down the tool of choice for people who like to write, while also offering the flexibility to change the look and feel of a blog to suit their individual creative desire.