Monday, January 24, 2005

Internet Archive, Sandwich Project, CowParade Art and Madeline Peyroux

You can find all sorts of interesting things (music, text, speeches, videos, software) at the Internet Archive.

Some examples -

The video Warthog Jump has cool music and graphics. I wish I had an Xbox so I could try Halo...sort of. I spend too much time in front of a computer as it is.

Beginning Responsibility: Lunchroom Manners is a school video from the 50's or 60's. It's a hoot. Amazing to think we watched that sort of thing as kids. There's a lot more old film at A/V Geekery.

There's way too much to summarize at the archive and related links but just one more example from a music standpoint - you can find Blind Willie Johnson-If I Had My Way I'd Tear The Building Down recorded in 1927.

Amazing.

---------------------------------------

The Sandwich Project is fun to check out if you love different kinds of sandwiches. I think a BLT or an egg and cheese sandwich are in the top 10 of all time great sandwiches. I love a good sandwich. Someday maybe I'll make it to Primanti Brothers Restaurant for Pittsburgh's Most Famous Sandwich.

I like some of the Links from the Sandwich Project too.


---------------------------------------

The link to Cow Parade says the Cow Parade, "is the world’s largest public art event. From Chicago and New York in 1999 and 2000 to Kansas City and Houston in 2001 and London in 2002, CowParade continues to evolve, not just in size, but in creativity and quality of art. While the cow sculptures remain the same, each city’s artists are challenged by the art from past events, inspired by the cultural influences of their respective cities, and moved by their own interpretation of the cow as an art object."

Sounds fun and benefits some charitable organizations. There are some good links to paintings and photographic art at their CowParade Art page. The page has some nicely organized art print collections.

I like the print Dance Me to The End of Love because I'm excited about seeing and hearing Madeleine Peyroux sing "Dance Me to the End of Love" at Dimitriou's Jazz Alley in Seattle next month.

It'll be great. Betsy and I are taking a little mini-break to go to a concert and have a little fun in the city.

-------------------------------------------

It's sad to hear of the passing of Johnny Carson. He was always one of my favorites. Loved staying up and listening to Jack Paar and later Johnny when I was kid. I've always liked staying up late and he was a great guy to spend your time listening to late at night. We'll miss you Johnny.

-------------------------------------------

Wishing you a great week.

Looking forward to more light.

Peace