Monday, January 31, 2005

Exciting Weekend - Gymnastics - Viruses - Browser HiJacker

I had an exciting weekend.

My brother in law from Minnesota came to visit us. I always enjoy seeing him, he's funny and easy going. Likes to just hang out, eat, drink, fish, watch TV....whatever is going on, he's happy.

We saw our niece (his daughter) compete at the University of Washington Pac-10 gymnastics meet on Friday night. She took first in the vault and tied for first in floor.

Arizona Daily Wildcat

Way to go Katie!

----------------------------------------------

I spent a long day Sunday cleaning up my daughter's laptop. She was having some problems and brought it home with her from college for good old Dad to play with. It was interesting. I almost thought the junk on her computer was going to get the best of me, but eventually (after about 12 hours) I got the programs she needed re-installed, various trojans, viruses and browser hijackers off of it, and it was working like new.

whewwww.......glad that's over for awhile anyway.

----------------------------------------------

Not much new going on at my Cafe...other than I SOLD OUT TO THE MAN.

Just kidding. I put all those ad links on for color and maybe I'll make a few pennies. So far I have grossed about 1 dollar on my web endeavors, which puts me way in the hole if I was thinking about this from a profit standpoint. I've made some fraction of a cent per hour (or day) for my time.

That's really not the point. I just want to make something fun to look at, maybe interesting to someone, give myself something to do and learn about.

I hope you have some things that you like to do that keep your mind active. I'll probably get bored with blogging and take up the drums or something if past results are any indication of future behaviour :-)

-------------------------------------------------

I have an AIM handle now. My daughters suggested I try instant messaging. My AOL instant message name is yustyack.

It's supposed to be pronounced yust yack (like just jack only with a Scandinavian accent). Like Jon is pronounced yawn.

Anyway my AIM name could be pronounced yusty act, which sounds funny. Or it could be like yust Yack as in Just Talk...sort of.

Glad we got that out of the way. Instant message names are hard to come by. All the good ones are taken.

Chatting reminds me of some of the funny lines at the Napoleon Dynamite soundboard. It's hard to get Kip singing "Always and Forever" out of your mind after you see the movie and then listen to it a few times. "Yes I love technology...."

Whatta ya gonna do today Napoleon?

Peace Out