Friday, January 14, 2005

The Best Things In Life Are Nearest


"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."

- Robert Louis Stevenson


Here are some other fine Quotes on Simplicity.

They are compiled by a fellow named Michael Peter Garofalo.

He has a website called The Spirit of Gardening.

I thought that was such an interesting collection of quotes I put it on my favorite link/blog list to refer to every so often.

I hope you find something you like in that list of quotes too. It's one of the better collections I've seen.