Friday, October 15, 2004

Tom Demarco -& Timothy Lister - Peopleware : Productive Projects and Teams & BitTorrent & John Kerry

Through a typical roundabout webway I happened across these two books this morning.

Peopleware : Productive Projects and Teams, 2nd Ed.

Slack : Getting Past Burnout, Busywork, and the Myth of Total Efficiency

Certainly a bazillion management style books on the market. I thought these might be atypical because the first at least was recommended by Bram Cohen the creator of BitTorrent a P2P or

Person to Person File Sharing Network

I started using Bittorrent this morning so I could watch "Going Upriver: The Long War Of John Kerry".

I just point that out to say that I'm not so much interested in technology for technology sake but rather for what we can use technology for. In this case gather additional information to support an informed decision in the upcoming U.S. Presidential election.