Saturday, October 16, 2004

Etc. - Police Report - Homo sapiens and Thespians - The Beauty of a Dying Star - Health Tips - Petrichor Smell of Rain After a Dry Spell

Wanna See My New Snake?

------------------------------------------------------

I'm moving this article down here since I think the whole discussion of Dick Cheney's daughter had absolutely nothing to do with critical campaign issues. It is interesting to blow hot air about and consequently gets a lot of media coverage so it captures the public's attention.

In this New York Times Op-Ed Piece William B. Rubenstein writes,

"In 1950, for example, George Smathers, running against Senator Claude Pepper, Democrat of Florida, was reported to have tried to smear his opponent by announcing to voters that Pepper's sister was a 'thespian' and his brother a 'homo sapien.' Pepper lost."


I think a person's sexual preferences are a personal matter. I wasn't particularly pleased when John Kerry mentioned Dick Cheney's daughter's sexual preferences in the last debate anymore than I am when Dick Cheney or Dick Cheney's daughter talk about that personal subject.

I just don't see that particular topic as a political issue other than that I don't believe in discriminating against people based on their personal beliefs, provided those belief's are not carried forward into action that harms others.

---------------------------------------------

~ the beauty of a dying star ~

---------------------------------------------

Ten Healthy Habits

---------------------------------------------
A.Word.A.Day--petrichor