Sunday, October 24, 2004

Don't Insult Any Witches This Halloween

A local elementary school has banned Halloween celebrations because...

School Says Halloween Disrespectful to Witches

I've decided that to show my respect for witches I'm not going to watch The Wizard of Oz or old Bewitched reruns.

That Wicked Witch of the West was a bad bad witch.

If I remember correctly, Samantha's twin sister Serena was a not so good witch either. Maybe this page Bewitched @ Harpies Bizarre would help explain Serena's badness.

I'm thinking it's probably not good to dress up like a cowboy or cowgirl in case you run into someone from the Cowboy Church or a bum since we all know the story of Bum Worship: How liberals politicize religion.

I think the best thing to do is just stay home and eat some toasted white bread and drink a cup of warm milk. Don't wear any odd clothing, tell any jokes or make any quick moves...you never know who you might offend.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm playing with the Visual Studio 2005 Beta (which is one reason I'm up so late/early). You have to be a geek to think it's exciting to write a simple executable file. I'm proud of my geekiness and nerdality.

-----------------------------------------------

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

I'm looking forward to watching the district volleyball tournaments this week. Both my daughters are home for the weekend. I've been catching up on a few things at work yesterday and hopefully today.

My wife went to see Hall & Oates, Michael McDonald and the Average White Band at the Everett Events Center Saturday night. She said it was a great concert.

Life is good.

Peace to you and yours.