Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Stagnito Communications - The Recognized Leader in Food, Beverage and Packaging Communications

Just a random link to some potentially interesting reading. I came across this after listening to Steve Martin's interview with the New Yorker cartoonist Roz Chast. She was talking about reading magazines from the snack food industry and finding some humorous inspiration. There can be some weird, maybe funny and interesting things in odd places.

I learned that a huge growth market in snack food sales last year was organic candy. Not really that surprising I suppose. Sales of organic snack bars (power-bar type things) grew at about 30% which is about 1/10 the growth for the inorganic snack bars. I also learned the winner of the new product concept award is a product called "Stuff'n". I guess it's like "I'm stuff'n my gut with a big old bunch o' stuff?"

Very interesting...