Sunday, July 02, 2006

Why do Ice Cream Trucks Sound the Way They Do?

The answer to that question can be found here at musicthing.blogspot.com.

You can find some mp3's of Ice Cream Truck Music, Revisited at WFMU's Beware of the Blog.

It's amazing how sometimes you can find just exactly what you are looking for on the internet ;-)

I've been thinking about ice cream truck music for a couple of weeks (off and on...not constantly), ever since the new ice cream man cruised down our street. He was a rookie obviously because he was going too fast and wasn't giving kids a chance to bug their parents and get out in the street. We didn't have ice cream trucks where I grew up in Montana and I was totally impressed the first time I visited my grandparents in Seattle and one came toodling down the street. It was amazing, almost as memorable as the huge slugs and the fact that they had more than two channels on the television.

I got steered to this useless but interesting infomation via the Lifehacker post It's the ice cream man (music)!