Sunday, July 16, 2006

Around The House




I'm in charge of watering the flowers. I thought I'd take some pictures in case they are all dead when B gets back from Minnesota. Actually - I'm taking my job pretty seriously, and even did the dead-heading (pinching or cutting off the spent blooms to keep flowers blooming) today.

I made my freezer jam with some fresh, picked today, Washington State - Skagit Valley - blueberries. The jam tastes nothing like what I buy in the store. It's blueberrier. The jam has a sort of wild/tart/fresh taste. That's probably the stems and leaves I left in :-)

Did you know the inside of a blueberry is sort of a murky green? Also pectin tastes pretty good - sweet and a little lemony. If someone comes to see me - I can make toast...and now I have some fresh jam too.