Saturday, July 22, 2006

Match Point - Woody Allen

I watched the 2005 movie Match Point, written and directed by Woody Allen, last night.

It's a drama, romance and a thriller - about what a young man is willing to give up to keep what he has. The movie explores the, "I'd rather be lucky than good" philosophy of living to the extremes (not just good as in being good at something - but good as in not being evil).

The soundtrack is perfect - I only wish I understood Italian. Even a monolinguisticly challenged person like me can get the point that the operatic music in the background is about the things in life that make great stories - love, death, jealosy, passion - to name a few.

It's a good movie and unless someone spills the beans I'm pretty sure it will keep you guessing until the end.