Saturday, August 13, 2005

Playing With Paint and Other Stuff



Sweet Pea


7 Year Old Interior Decorating
In other words a perfect poster for a 7 year old
(at least I thought so)



Monte's Been Doing Most of The Blogging Lately




I Love This Pencil - It's a Velocity Model - Writes really fast!

------------------------



These are photos of some watercolors I did in 2000. I have a very primitive style but I like to play.

------------------------


High Density Housing


Montana Indians


Starry Night on The Prairie


Watercolor Bouquet


Starry Night on The Venusian Prairie


Fall Blue Yellow


------------------------

This is a watercolor I saw at the Everett Clinic and liked it so much I took it home with me (it was for sale, so I suppose it would be more accurate to say I purchased it and then took it home with me). It's by a local artist. I really like the soft colors she used to capture the feel of the Skagit Valley Tulips.


Skagit Tulip Festival
Caramin M Thiboder


------------------------

I worked for the little boy in this picture. His name is Thomas Patrick Mulvihill, people called him T.P. He was a genuine WWII flying ace and quite a character. I was a bartender in his saloon in the 70's.




------------------------

I found fhis in our basement and liked the historical quality. People dialed Bayview 5123 to get in touch with Sevenich Motors in the 1950's. They had a lot longer phone numbers out in this big city of Everett then we did in Montana. Our phone number in Columbus was 283 in the 50's. Actually a little earlier we didn't even have phone numbers, you just picked up the phone and asked Marty to connect you to whoever you wanted to talk to. Then she'd patch you into that person's phone (with a big patch panel).




------------------------

Monkey Lunch Box