Saturday, July 02, 2005

Fujitsu Computer Systems - Notebooks

I write this blog, and do a lot of other computer things using a Fujitsu C Series Lifebook laptop with a Netgear wireless card (I mention the wireless card because it makes using a lappy so much easier in that you can recline in your favorite easy chair while tapping on your computer keys). You could do the same thing if your recliner is close to a phone jack too, so I suppose the key point to comfortable computer use is the laptop.

We've had a lot of different computers around the house: Timex, Commodore, Generic, Dell laptops and desktops and the Fujitsu; plus a variety of computers I've used over the years at school and places I've worked.

My favorite is the Fujitsu. It has lots of i/o ports (4 USB, firewire, IR, S video output, etc.), it's well built, a cool silver color and has a really handy little scroll button. The one I'm using is getting a little old with a 1 Ghz processor, but it's still quite functional. It's not ultra portable being around 7 pounds, with a short battery life and a little thick (like me)...but I really like it.

I will probably get the DC power jack repaired again (2 to 3 hundred bucks), but when this one is no longer functional I have my eye on the N3500 model Fujitsu. It has a 15.4 inch screen, Intel Centrino (low power) processor and built in wireless.

Fujitsu Computer Systems - Notebooks

Fujitsu

Fujitsu