Monday, July 05, 2010

Afternoon Trip to BC

We finally got some sun this 4th of July weekend after noon today.

I road tested the Connie for a couple of hundred miles by riding it up to BC via the Blaine border crossing then back through the crossing northwest of Lyndon. Things went really smoothly going through the border both ways.

The bike is working great. The new Dunlop Elite 3 tires ride fine after I got the right air pressure in them. Best of all no more oil leak from the water pump oil seal. I was happy to see there were no new coolant or oil leaks anywhere else on the bike since I had quite a few pieces apart recently.

I rode back on Chuckanut Drive along Bellingham Bay and then south on Best Road to the Pioneer Highway - it was really pretty as usual and not much traffic today.