Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Going to New York

I'm looking forward to my trip to New York City a week from Saturday. I'm spending a week at the Seafarers & International House Guest House on East 15th and Irving Place. I plan to go to a Broadway Play, visit museums, ride the subway, busses and ferries, bike around Central Park and walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, take a guided tour of the city, hang out and explore.

I'm getting a Metro Card for $25.00 that allows you to ride the busses and subways for 7 days.

I hope to make it to the American Museum of Natural History, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, MoMA | The Museum of Modern Art the Top of the Rock and The United Nations.

The place I'm staying looks like a good location - it's a block from Union Square so I can hop on the subway easily, check out Union Square Park and the greenmarket and make it down to Washington Square Park to get some eats from the Dosa Man.