Friday, October 20, 2006

In the World of Fashion You're Either In - Or You're Out

I don't know what I'm going to do now that BRAVO's Project Runway is over for this season. If you've never watched that show it's got a lot going for it - creative people, humor, drama, intrigue, competition, pretty clothes and people.

I really thought Uli should have won the top prize for the work she presented at fashion week.
macys.com
I don't understand the judging criteria (of course). The judges said Uli designed clothes that every woman would want. Apparently that isn't what makes the top fashion designer. I guess Jeffrey is edgier, or hipper, or whatever - making him the winner.


I like to listen to the designers and the judges but I'm not a very good judge. There was a show earlier in the season (episode 3) where Bradley fiddled around and had to make something up at the last minute. It looked like a gunny sack with a belt to me, but he was in the best category that night, the judges loved it - and Nina, the Elle editor, said she would shoot something like that for her magazine.


It's fun to watch plus you get to listen to great catch phrases like Tim Gunn saying "make it work" and Heidi Klum say very dramatically with perfect pauses for effect, "in the world of fashion you're either in or you're out."

__________________________________