Sunday, June 11, 2006

Save On Gas - Buy a Bike Basket From Amazon

Having UPS deliver seven 24.3 ounce boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats sounds fun and convenient but I probably am not a candidate for the Amazon Grocery.

My speed is more a bicycle with a basket. I've used my rear rack and bungee cords for years now, but yesterday I was wishing I had something that would carry a bit more weight and bulk. So I'm going to get a basket.

This one would be perfect if I still had my little dog. "I'll get you my pretty... and your little dog too..."

Nashbar Toto Quick Release Front Basket


This one's a little too girly I suppose...

Pyramid Pro Large White Bicycle Basket with Flowers

I was thinking about buying the grocery baskets at REI until I read the reviews for the Wald folding baskets. They are fairly heavy at 5.5 pounds but the people that have them really like them.

I ended up getting the Wald 582 Folding Rear Rack Grocery Baskets for $32.47 (after my π/2% instant reward of $.52). That's half what the REI Novara 'Round Town Panniers are, plus the REI bags aren't that much lighter at 4 pounds.

If you like to buy stuff at Amazon (and who doesn't?) it pays to sign up for the 1.57% A9.com Instant Discount