Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Hurt Myself Breaking Into a House

I Hurt Myself Breaking Into a House

I almost got stuck going in a ground floor window of a house earlier this week.

B&E is not an old fatman game - burglars need to be thin and flexible.

I locked myself out on my deck a couple of days ago, luckily a ground floor window was open.

I just had to remove a screen, wiggle in and drop to the floor (on my hands).

It was pretty exciting.

The only thing is I scraped a rib on the windowsill (it’s one of those plastic grooved kinds, the grooves have fairly sharp edges that the window fits in). I had a premonition once I got halfway in that it was possible I would get stuck with my feet wiggling on the outside of the house like a beetle flipped on it’s back and my head and chest hanging over the inside wall. Luckily I could still slither through and made a fairly smooth landing on the floor on my hands.