Friday, June 02, 2006

More Pompousity

I noticed an inbound link to a post I made awhile back where someone had clipped something I wrote and called it "pompous".

What can I say? Probably right. But so it goes - you have to put yourself out there, be honest, be who you are. I try to avoid being pompous or sanctimonious, can't say I'm always successful.

We are never always one thing, always acting one way (how boring would that be?). We aren't perfect - we are all God's creatures, the key word may be creatures. We strive to be better, sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail.

My writing, praying, thinking about God or spiritual practices in general, is done in hopes that it will be a moderating influence - not a path to perfection. If I can be a little better, if I can be forgiven when I'm slip up, that's good enough. It allows me to keep trying, it prevents me from getting stuck thinking I'm not good enough. It allows me to look outside myself and on occasion lend a helping hand or a listening ear.

But I have to stop talking there.

I'm a firm believer that the more I say about being a good; Christian, person, saint, the less likely I am to be that sort of person. You can judge me by my actions, not by my blogging...thank goodness.

I have to say one reason I continue to write this blog is hoping that I might post something that gives someone a lift-up, a laugh, something to think about, something inspirational. I know it's a hodgepodge, but luckily...reading any blog is purely voluntary ;-)

As pompous as it may sound I can honestly say I hope my wanting to do good pleases God.

Regardless of how often I may miss the mark.

__________________________________