Saturday, June 03, 2006

BBC - Comedy - The Office

I watched the first season of the BBC - Comedy - The Office this weekend on DVD.

It's funny. Quite a bit better than the NBC version. Ricky Gervais, who plays the office manager David Brent, is really talented. The other characters in the show particularly Tim, the good-guy, are interesting and funny.

There's an episode where a consultant comes in to teach a seminar called, "Who Cares Wins" where David ends up talking about when he was in a band and then starts singing some hilarious songs while accompanying himself on the guitar. It's priceless. You have to watch it to appreciate it but here are the lyrics to one -
"Pretty girl on the hood of a Cadillac, yeah. She's broken down on Freeway 9. I take a look and her engine's started, I leave her purring and I roll on by. Bye Bye!

Free love on the free love freeway, The love is free and the freeway's long. I got some hot love on the hotlove highway, I ain't going home cos' my baby's gone.

A little while later, see a senorita. She's caught a flat trying to make it home. She says "Por favor, can you pump me up?" I say, "Muchos gracias, adios. Bye Bye."

Little while later I see a cowboy crying, I said, "Hey buddy, what can I do?" He says, "I lived a good life, had about a thousand women." I said "Why the tears?", he says "'cause none of them was you."
When David finishes, Tim asks him if the cowboy was talking about him (David). David replies, "no he was looking at a picture". Tim says, "a picture of you?"

__________________________


Free Love Freeway: Information From Answers.com and a remix version of the song on www.myspace.com/getwreckedcrewmusic

__________________________