Thursday, April 20, 2006

2006 Art Theme, Hope and Fear, The Future

I've been mulling over whether to return to Black Rock this year; after reading the 2006 Art Theme, Hope and Fear, The Future I'm thinking it sounds like it's worth the trip.

I sold the Shadow so I'll have to figure out some other desert worthy vehicle to get me down there. My 85 S10 might be just the ticket for another slow trip to Northern Nevada. It can't be any more unreliable than the good old Shadow. That was a good car for people who like to walk....or camp beside the road if one should happen to have a breakdown in the middle of nowhere.

I'd take the bus or fly into Reno but it would be tough to get seven days worth of food, water, clothing, and a shelter in my luggage.

If anyone who knows me would like to make some plans for a group trip, that might be fun. It's not for everyone by any stretch but if you are open to some inhospitable weather and some really hospitable people it's literally one heck of a trip.