Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hypochondriacal

Not sure if that's a word but it pretty much describes me...at least sometimes.

I got some red bumpy marks on my face yesterday. I thought it looked like my face was swelling up and then it looked like I had some bruising underneath the red spots. It's possible that just looking closely in the mirror caused me to notice how my face always looks..but anyway I quickly began diagnosing my illness in my mind.

I came up with -

(a) Dioxin poisoning. I thought of that poor Russian bloke who got the dioxin..why me? Who did this?

(b) A staff infection. I've been hanging around the hospital a fair amount lately. I imagine I have either a staff infection or a volunteer infection..since I'm not actually part of the staff.

(c) A serious staff infection. Probably flesh eating.

(d) Allergic reaction to bee glue. I've been taking bee glue (propolis) for awhile, but just started a new bottle. Could it be these bee's were chewing bark from a different tree? One that I'm allergic to?

(e) Accidently application of hot sauce to cheek area. Ouch. I did have some mildly hot sauce on my hands and might have rubbed my face a little.

(f) Something else.

I went to see my Physician and he diagnosed the red blotches as either a non-specific infection of some sort or an allergic reaction. Gave me a prescription for some kind of mild steroid cream. He told me not to use the stronger stuff he gave me awhile ago for my legs, or the skin on my face would become translucent - sort of like those visible-man models we had as kids. I'm taking acetaminophen for the swelling. He also suggested I lay off the bee glue for awhile and see if that has any effect.

______________________________


This health talk has got me thinking of medicines, magic elixers and healthful living....for fans of "I Love Lucy" there's some wav files of Lucy selling vitametavegemin at Seahaas.com.