Sunday, November 06, 2005

LED Museum

This is a great site for learning about LED's (light emitting diodes). You have to dig around a little but you'll find a wealth of information from a LED fanatic.

Some of the writing tickled my funny bone as well as amazed me with the focus on one thing - LED's. I'm a nerd at heart so this kind of stuff tends to fascinate me.

I'm daydreaming about making a small windmill with a DC motor (generator) and colored LED's in the blades...or covering a car with a rainbow of LED's...or using LED's in place of incandescents at home.

I love those little lights too. They remind me of computers and electronics. The LED flashlights/headlamps are really cool, bright, and last a long time. The colored ones they have now are neat for party lights, art type stuff or toys.

The official title of the page is -

WWW.LEDMUSEUM.ORG * THE LED MUSEUM - Reviews of LEDs & LED Flashlights - Gallium Indium Nitride UV, violet, purple, blue, aqua, turquoise, green, white. Also Gallium Arsenide and others. New LED MUSEUM! GaN, InGaN, SiC, GaAs, GaP, GaAlP, ZnSe, LED flashlight, LED flashlights. Formerly For The Love of LEDs