Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Fresh Road and Fresh Plans!

That quote on Inward/Outward, from Nikos Kazantzakis made me want to pull out my old copy of Zorba the Greek. I read that book over 30 years ago and while I was looking at it, thought it might be good to read it again. It's an interesting story of about Zorba, who finds joy in work, love, food, water, wine and dance and his friend/boss who may think too much (and realizes that fact).

This is Zorba the "free spirit" talking to himself, and his friend/boss the "bookworm" -

"A fresh road, and fresh plans!", he cried.

"I've stopped thinking all the time of what happened yesterday. And stopped asking myself what's going to happen tomorrow. What's happening today, this minute, that's what I care about."

I say: "What are you doing at this moment, Zorba?" "I'm working." "Well, work well." "

What are you doing at this moment, Zorba?" "I'm kissing a woman." "Well, kiss her well, Zorba! And forget all the rest while you're doing it; there's nothing else on earth, only you and her! Get on with it!"


_____________________________________



This is a clip from YouTube of a dance scene from the movie - makes me think we should all dance more.





__________________________________