Monday, August 24, 2026

20 Years Ago Today

I posted this.

In case you don’t care to read it (understandably) it’s a story of how I came to have two birthdays, my “legal” birthday and my real birthday according to an expert - my Mom.

I also have 2 names; one legal - John and one real - Jack. This used to be no problem. My social security card, IRS tax filings, school records and employment records have me as Jack. I prefer my nickname Jack because when I was a kid the only time my mom called me John was when I was in trouble. I was called Jack all through school, in the Navy, and at work. It only became a problem with the advent of computer databases. It’s been an ongoing struggle on one hand but also a way to sometimes duck the surveillance systems on the other hand.

It’s sort of amazing? weird? for me to rustle around in my old blog posts. I’ve been fiddling around with my blog/diary for 22 years. Not sure what to make of that other than I seem to have quite a bit of free time :-) 

Thank you Google for the free virtual playground. When I started this blog I thought a lot of advertising made it look kind of cool or professional or something. At some point I decided to remove all the ads and just use it as a notebook sort of thing. I hope someone finds something interesting or entertaining or at least don’t find me an insufferable bore. 

Wishing anyone who might see this a great day, some peace of mind and some joy. Maybe take a ride in a pink caddie real or virtual. This is a photo I took of a mural in Austin Texas in the days before Eloon and little JoRo descended on that city. 




____________________________