Saturday, March 09, 2019

Signing Off For Awhile


I need to take a break from current events.

I wrote this entry a couple of days ago and set it to auto-post so by the time it's online I will be happily playing with my grandchildren and being with my family enjoying our time together. They will, I'm sure, appreciate me not bringing up my half-baked philosophical, religious or political meanderings/rants :-)

I really do need to take a break though...and I'm glad to have that much self-awareness.

________________________





That song invariable causes me to tear up for what we lost but no one claimed the world is fair. I get similar feelings that my hard heart is softening when I listen to Hobo's Lullaby or Deportee by Arlo Guthrie.


___________


Jakelin Caal Maquin

_______



We can learn from the Buddhist teachings how to sometimes disengage from the noise of the outside and our inner worlds. When we find that still small place we can appreciate how wonderful life can be right here, right now, with these people, in this place.

Peace