Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hanging Around The Denver Airport

I'm taking the long way to Austin.

My original flight was Seattle to San Francisco to Austin. There were weather delays at San Francisco and I got to my gate about 7 minutes after my flight to Austin departed.

The United customer service people were very helpful and got me a flight to Denver and then on to Austin.

I got to fly on a 757 (nice), and then a 777 (very nice), so that's fine with me...I'm not in any big hurry. I actually slept a little on the 777 - it's a smooth, spacious and quiet airplane.

I thought maybe San Francisco had free Wifi at the airport -but no luck. Wifi at the Denver airport is $7.99 for 24 hours, and since I'm here for a few hours I sprang for it. I packed a lunch and brought some snacks, so I figure what I'm saving by not buying airport food I can use for wireless access.

It's amazingly bright and sunny outside in Denver today (I think I'm used to the filtered sunshine we get in the Puget Sound), so this high mountain air and sun feels really good.