Monday, June 07, 2004

Making Concrete Leaf Castings

I've been playing around with mud lately.

How do I make a concrete leaf casting?

I've made 8 hosta leaf castings so far. It's fun to experiment.

We're getting ready for an open house for my daughter Rachel's graduation this Saturday. Looking forward to seeing people. I get to use the big electric roaster my mom gave me a couple of years ago.

I'm going to use this -

Simple Recipe for BBQ Beef Sandwiches -

Get some beef like a chuck roast or top round (doesn't have to be an expensive cut).

Put the beef in a roaster.

Pour some ginger ale and ketchup on it. You can experiment a little to see what you like as far as a ratio of ketchup to ginger ale. Maybe 2 part ginger ale to 1 part ketchup and if that's too kechuppy try 3 to 1.

Let it bake at medium temperature 350 or so, until the meat can be shredded with a fork.

That's it. You'll be surprised how good it is.

I've played around with garlic, onions, barbeque sauce, pepsi instead of ginger ale but I don't think anything turned out better than the simple ginger ale and ketchup method.

Got tickets to see Natalie Merchant at Marymore Park this August. Looking forward to seeing her in person. One of my favourite albums is 10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe. I always like watching her sing and move when I see her on TV. Should be good.

Mud, food and music...sounds like Woodstock.

Not much going on in my neck of the woods....just practicing my ability to sit still tonight. I was wondering what it would be like to put that on a job application under special skills? My wife told me I might get a job as a mannequin.

Have you ever watched American Chopperon the Discovery Channel? There's some funny stuff on there; usually between the dad and the sons.

I hope you are having a great beginning of summer and know that people love you wherever you may be.

It really is a Wonderful World