Saturday, May 15, 2004

Cafe Jack Sketch - Oh The Stories We Can Tell

I put a sketch of a Cafe Jack below. I'm not sure where a good place to build it will be. Maybe Montana, maybe Minnesota...maybe Washington. It will be a place where people come to tell lies.

Or stories.

It's hard to tell which is which sometimes.



Things change in our retelling of the tale sometimes deliberately, sometimes not, but we can never communicate what really happened. Ludwig Wittgenstein had some stuff to say about that idea. The point I got from old Lude was "nothing important can be communicated."

It kind of made me wonder why I spent a year in that Philosophy class.

Ludwig Wittgenstein [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]

Have you ever been run over by a tractor?

I know someone who was...but if you heard that story you might think it was a lie.

Have you ever been riding on a commercial flight in a 747 Jumbo Jet and had the pilot's get out of their seats so you could take a picture of the sunrise?

I did that...but if you heard that story...

Have you ever...joined the carnival?

Have you ever..

Washed an elephant?

Kissed a bear?

Floated down the Blackfoot River with someone named BadToe who took care of the dolphins in a zoo?

Ever been in a Mexican Jail? Any jail? Psych Ward? How about an insane asylum? Drug rehab?

Have you ever been in a Mexican Jail and then had the police take you back to the bar you were in when they arrested you?

Ever had someone break a beer bottle on your forehead?

Did you ever have a chance work at the Rand Think Tank RAND Corporation Provides Objective Research Services and Public Policy Analysis?

Now we're getting in the fact vs. fiction.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't getting so damn old. I wish I had the testosterone and whatever else was flowing through me when I was a younger crazier lad. Other times I'm glad to be more serene. Or is it just tired. In any event it's nature baby.

I heard Pat O Brien say that "sobriety is serenity" on the TV last night. I guess but intoxication can sure be a lot of fun....Religion - Cults: Dionysian God sometimes I think I wish I could have a drink.

I guess it depends on our definition of fun eh? Headaches and jail, fighting and crying, maybe not so fun.